Here is a massive list of the best paid and free marketing tools and resources available at the moment with handy links to all of them. I’ve included everything from design tools, the best place to find free stock photography, social media scheduling tools and more.
Design & Image Creation Tools
- Canva – free & paid. Simple online design software for non-designers & designers. Free drag & drop templates for social posts, ebooks, online graphics & more. Remove backgrounds
- PicMonkey free & paid simple online design
- Pixlr free online design software similar to photoshop
- Snapseed – photo editing on your phone
- Tinypng – reduce image file size without losing quality
- PDF Compressor – Reduce your PDF file size with I love my PDF. Compress your PDF without losing quality
- Over – Similar to Canva. Design software easily, creates brand assets easily.
- AdParlour – Facebook post mockup
- Twitter mock tweet Generator. Create tweet quote images for your Facebook or Instagram.
- Creative Market – fonts & social templates
- Envato Elements – images, graphics & fonts
- Designrr – quickly turn blogs/ websites / word docs into PDFs and ebooks
- Issuu – transform your images, text, videos, and PDFs into ready-to-publish content for every digital channel, format, and device
- Smart Mock Up – mock up generator
- Unblast – free design resources including product mockups and templates
- Pixeden – free & paid design and web resources
- Fav Png – over 16 million free transparent PNG files
- Responsive Design see how your website looks across different devices
Copywriting tools & resources
- Hemingway App – writing improvement tips & reading difficulty checker
- Grammarly – web and chrome plugin to improve your grammar, spelling & overall writing quality. free & paid versions
- CoSchedule headline analyser – Create clickable & shareable blog titles
- CoSchedule Email Subject line tester – Make your email subject lines more clickable
- CoSchedule Social Analyser – Improve your social captions
- Emotional Headline Analyser – Improve your headline click-through rates
- Plain Language Simple Phrases – simplify your writing & make it easier to understand
- Don’t hit publish – write better emails and blog posts.
- Airstory free/paid versions. Save notes from across the internet, build your articles from your notes
- Evernote free/paid versions. Save pages, snippets and articles from across the internet
- Google Keep free version. Save pages, snippets and articles from across the internet
- Plain Language Suggestions – get suggestions for easier-to-understand words.
- Idioms and phrases – find colloquial terms to make your content sound more human.
Video Tools & Instagram Stories Creation
- Animoto – paid video creation software for social. Create marketing videos, photo slideshows and more. Add text overlays and music. Paid Software – get 1 month free here
- Autocap – automatic caption for video
- Clipomatic – automatic caption for video
- Clips App – automatic caption for video
- ClipScribe – design sub-captioned videos for social media in minutes
- Veed.io – create social videos, add subtitles and progress bars
- Tube Buddy – youtube Search tools, processing, productivity & promotion
- Bonjoro – Boost customer engagement with perfectly timed personal videos – free and paid versions
- iMovie – free Mac software for simple video editing
- Wave – desktop-only video creation
- Headliner App – create Waveform videos and video transcriptions to promote your podcast. 10 free videos per month, paid options available
- Get AudioGram – create Waveform videos and video transcriptions to promote your podcast 2 free videos a month with watermark. paid options available
- Ripl – desktop & app video creation
- Mojo – Instagram stories creator
- Promo – paid create marketing videos on your desktop
- StorySwag – iOS only Instagram stories creator
- Instories – iOS Instagram stories creator
- Mostory (android app)
- Mouve – iOS & Android stories creator
Screen recording & video hosting
- RecMe android free screen capture for mobile
- Loom free screen capture for desktop
- Vidyard – screen & video recording software. Free and paid versions
- BombBomb – add video to any message with the Chrome extension and mobile app. 14-day free trial.
- QuickTime Player – free screen recorder software – Mac only
- Camtasia – screen recorder & video editing software
- Wistia – paid video marketing software
Email Marketing Tools
- MailerLite – This is the email marketing system that I use (after I moved from Mailchimp), they offer a free version for up to 1000 emails and up to 12,000 email sends a month. It’s the more affordable of all of the email marketing tools.
- FloDesk – Flodesk has pre-built BEAUTIFUL responsive email templates. It’s a flat rate of $38 a month with UNLIMITED subscribers and access to all of their features. if you use this link you’ll get 50% off and pay just $19 per month https://flodesk.com/c/1OHK2L
- Active Campaign – A solid contender used by many larger businesses. It’s one of the more expensive offers but they are good and reliable.
- Keap – formerly infusionsoft (also known as Confusionsoft) – maybe that’s why they changed their name?
- Mailchimp – Mailchimp used to be the go-to for small businesses and it’s free up to 2000 emails, although they’ve removed automation for free accounts – and changes to their pricing have had people leaving in their droves.
Tools to Build & Sell Courses Online
- Kajabi – all in one – website, course, email, landing pages
- Lifter LMS plugin for WordPress
- Memberspace – works with WordPress, Squarespace and Wix websites but does have quite high transaction charges
Lead Generation Tools & Landing Page Resources
- Go Viral – Incentivize your email subscribers to share your business (or content) with their friends
- Welcome.ly – free landing page software
- Subscribers – create push notifications for desktop & mobile – free for up to 200 subscribers
- Attract – Attract is a free tool that helps you find the right lead magnet idea and then create it in minutes.
- Hellobar – free & paid versions add pop-ups and exit intent opt-ins to your website
- Optinmonster – paid solution- lead magnets, pop-ups and exit intent
- Convertful – Conversion tools including gamified pop-ups, exit surveys, social subscription pop-ups
- Instapage – paid solution- create stand-alone lead magnet & thank you pages
- ClickFunnels – paid solution – all-in-one sales pages and sales funnel software
- Leadpages -paid solution- build stand-alone lead magnet & thank you pages
- HubSpot – Offer paid and free lead generation tools for your website
Social Media Scheduling & Planning Tools
- Coschedule – paid Social scheduling + Requeue feature
- Bit.ly – free URL shortening
- Buffer.com – free/paid versions social scheduling
- https://snip.ly/ -free/paid versions
- Hootsuite free/paid versions
- OneUp – Paid software for google my business post scheduling
- Planoly – free/paid versions – Instagram & Pinterest scheduling
- Tailwind – Paid Pinterest & Instagram Scheduler
- Stream Yard – live stream with multiple hosts to multiple platforms in one go. Free & paid options
- Ecamm Live – live stream to multiple platforms – Facebook, YouTube, Periscope, Twitch and more. Add branding and graphics. Free 14 day trial
Website Analytics Tools
- Google Analytics – free website analytics
- Google Search Console – free website analytics
- Crystal Knows – Customer Insights & personality tests
- A/B Rankings – A/B test your Meta titles & description to improve CTR
- Authority Labs Keyword Rank Checker
- A/B Rankings Free Keyword Grouping Tool
- A/B Rankings Free Keyword Rank Tracking
- Dasheroo – free/paid versions Analytics dashboard for web, social & email
- Precise Magnetic – Facebook insights tool
- Storybase – Optimise your Meta Title & descriptions for Google
Keyword Research Tools
- Google Search Bar – free
- Keywords Everywhere – paid keyword research tool
- Ubersuggest – free keyword & content research tool
- Answerthepublic.com – free and paid versions keyword & content research tool
- LSI graph – free and paid versions. Semantic keyword research tool
- https://www.hubspot.com/blog-topic-generator get up to 250 free blog ideas
- https://www.spyfu.com/ – find out the most profitable keywords and adwords being used by your competitors.
- Instagram & Twitter Hashtag Generator – Generate 30 of the best hashtags to use on Instagram & Twitter for any topic
- Seekmetrics Hashtag Tool – Discover the best hashtags related to your topic **this is my current fave for hashtag research**
Free Brand Tools
- Coolors Colour palette generator
- StoryBrand Story Creator
- Paletton colour palette generator
- Gather Up– Review Collection Tool (paid)
- Rev Fee – Review collection tool (paid)
- Hubspot free email signature generator
- My Signature.io – free email signature generator
Free Stock Photography & images
- Canva – free/paid versions. Simplified graphic-design tool & social video maker using drag-and-drop format with access to stock photography, vector images, graphics, and fonts.
- Unsplash – free stock photography
- Pexels – free stock photos & video
- Rawpixel – free and paid stock photos
- Freepik – free & paid versions – photos, icons, vectors and designs
- Pixabay – free stock imagery
- MixKit – free stock photos & video
- Landing Stock – A collection of free images for landing pages
- Everypixel – Stock image search engine powered by AI.
- Stocksnap.io free stock images
- Evergreen Photos
- Icon8 – create photo collages with free stock imagery
Paid Stock Photography Resources
- Shutterstock – paid stock images & video
- Adobe Stock paid stock images & video
- Getty Images paid stock images & video
- Inspired Stock shop paid stock image membership site. Feminine & spiritual images created by Gina De Vee’s personal brand photographer
- Stocksy – Paid Stock Photography – Great if you’re looking for diversity
- Haute Stock paid stock images – for feminine style brands
- Social Squares paid stock images – for feminine style brands
- Color Joy Stock – Stock photos featuring women of colour
- She Bold Stock – Bold & bright stock image membership for female entrepreneurs
- Jump Story paid stock images
- Moyo Studio – Paid bundles & membership. Creative/Designer style images. 4 free images a month with newsletter sign up
- Twenty20 paid stock images
- Ivory Mix – Feminine Style Images. free access to over 500 with newsletter sign up. Paid membership option
- Death to Stock paid stock images
- Kate Max Stock – Styled stock images for feminine brands. Paid bundles & membership option
- WithLove Monique – Girly Flatlay images
Free Survey & Form Tools
Best Appointment Booking Apps & tools
- Book Like a Boss
- Harmonizely integrates with Zoom to automatically set up Zoom call links when your customers book. It also integrates with your diary so you don’t need to go back and forth agreeing on a time .
Productivity & Business Tools
- Wunderlist (becoming Microsoft To do) – currently free
- Google Docs – the voice to writing tool is really useful
- Asana – free & paid versions. task planning and scheduling software
- Goal Tracker
- Tom’s planner – project planning & gannt charts
- Zoom – video calling
- Skype – video calling
- Unroll.me – organise your inbox into one daily email
- Link.Tree for instagram
- Shorby -Super-charged version of Linktree but more flexible design-wise. It also allows you to retarget ads to people who clicked on your links.
- Hashtagie Instagram text spacer – does it annoy you when your lines run into each other on IG? Insert line breaks with this free tool.
Best Marketing Blogs to follow
- Coschedule – for actionable marketing tips
- Skeleton Productions Video Academy creating video
- Sunny Lenarduzzi YouTube expert
- Copy Blogger – Copy Writing
- Copy Hacker – Copy Writing
- Talia Wolf – Conversion Optimisation
- Single Grain – Website Traffic
- Income School Youtube Channel
- Neil Patel – SEO
- Bryan Dean – Backlinko – SEO & Search marketing
- Jenna Kutcher Instagram, Pinterest & Podcasting
- Jasmine Star – Instagram & Social Media
- Your social team – Instagram Expert
- AdEspresso from Hootsuite
Best Marketing Podcasts
- Actionable Marketing Podcast -by Coschedule
- Marketing School – Neil Patel & Eric Sui
- Social Media Examiner Podcast
- Janet Murray – Marketing Podcast
My Favourite Business & Mindset Podcasts
- The Brendon Show – Brendon Burchard
- The Life Coach School Podcast with Brooke Castillo
- Mind Your Business Podcast – James Wedmore
- Otter.ai – ai transcription (paid)
- Rev.com – transcriptions by real people, highly accurate. $1 per minute
My Favourite WordPress Plugins
- Really Simple SSL – automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over https.
- RankMath SEO – Yoast used to be the SEO plugin of choice but RankMath is lighter weight and includes video Schema markup that Yoast doesn’t yet support
- Smush – reduce file sizes of images for faster loading time
- Cookie Notice – stay within the GDPR rules and let visitors know that you’re using cookies
- Nitropack – speed optimisation plugin (check this with your web developer before installing, I’ve heard great things about this but it didn’t work with our WordPress theme)
- Fast Velocity Minify – Speed Optimisation Plugin
- SEOPress plugin
Miscelleneous Marketing Tools & Resources
- Termly.io Compliance solutions for businesses. Create the policies you need for your business. US / EU Privacy Law Coverage
- Tawk To You know those little pop-up chat buttons you see on the bottom of people’s websites? Tawk.to allows you to offer online chat on your website for sales or customer service for free
- Sumo.com – email capture
- Bright Local – local search audit – free 14-day trial
- Rankmath SEO analyzer – free tool to assess your SEO
Hashtag Research Tools
- Instagram Seach Bar – Yep that’s right, Instagram itself is one of the best place to do your hashtag research.
- Seekmetrics Instagram & Twitter Hashtag Generator is one of the best free hashtag generators out there. It’s simple but effective and gives you suggestions you might not have thought about using Instagram alone.
- Flick App is a paid app being touted by IG influencers at the moment. There’s currently a free 7 day trial available.
- Tailwind is another paid app that offers hashtag suggestions and analytics for both Instagram and Pinterest. It also offers scheduling.
- All Hashtag is super simplistic and limited in its functionality, but it’s also free, so it’s worth adding into the mix if your budget is tight.
Need help with your marketing strategy?
I offer 1-to-1 strategy sessions to help you maximise your impact and income from your marketing efforts. So that you can grow your business.
Contact me today to find out how I can help.